Notes from a yoga practitioner and teacher on the practices of asana, pranayama, relaxation, meditation, and life.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lost Yogi

Lost Yogi: Please wait patiently for me; and, I will return with the boon.

My intentions have been grand and unreachable. Posting, with credibility, various āsanas, one each week for 52 weeks, was trumped this last year by actively teaching yoga to students who wanted to learn and asked me to teach. When I return, there will be renewed commitment to my students, and to others that might stumble on the site, for regular postings that can give you the lowdown on specific yoga āsanas.

In the meantime, as I head toward the "Great Eastern Sun," I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to my students.

I am sincerely grateful to all of the eager yoga students who have popped up over the last six months. You have taught me and reinforced so many things in me. The list is endless (and makes for a mushy blog) but I can sum it up this way: There was a point in my teaching when I came home so moved by each of you in class --- moved that you showed up; moved by your grace, your enthusiasm, your effort; moved by your courage and your individuality; moved by your welcoming spirits to my teaching and to the practice of yoga; moved by your tenacity; moved by your relaxed effort, your breath, and your souls following śavāsana; I was moved by you to believe that if I can live every encounter with every individual with the same respect, admiration, love, and support I feel for each of you, then I should be able to achieve a place of equanimity in this lifetime. This is my practice.

All of you are beautiful in your own unique way. I watch you and admire you; and, I am so grateful to lead you each week in the practice of yoga. Thank you for supporting me in my teaching and helping send me back to the Himalayan Institute in Pennsylvania to complete my class hours for formal certification.

As I travel, you are in my heart and in the fabric of my path and my life. I love you all.

Namasté,
Jonie

1 comment:

  1. Jonie,

    You are in my heart and prayers as you prepare and complete this important journey. I know this will be a powerful 2 weeks. So to you, the one who can induce calm and confidence in me when I have attempted some of the hairpin body twists ( o.k. poses ) just follow your own instructions. Your spirit will sustain your body... and give you the breath of life. My short time with you has been invaluable... to breathe and try and then accept myself as I am is a giant leap... to be at peace with what I can accomplish... but to never stop seeking harmony. I know it sounds a contradiction but you understand. Thank you for sharing your spirit... for it is very beautiful and will serve your students well.
    Peace and Love to you,

    Leilani

    ReplyDelete